For many years now, silver has maintained a positive market demand as an investment, currency, and store of value. Silver’s market demand is still dominated by industrial products and jewelry.
Silver’s market price is always determined by the level of demand and supply to the market and therefore silver is more volatile compared to gold trading.
Factors contributing to the demand for silver to the market
- Silver has been into existence for thousands of years as a currency and medium of exchange.
- The levels of demand and supply contribute to its uniqueness.
- Its element property of silver adds value by giving it more industrial applications.
How to invest in silver?
There are a few different ways of how you can invest in silver but in this post, we focus on only two important ways.
Buy physical silver bars or coins
The first and very popular way of investing in silver is simply by buying physical silver bars or coins. This way has both advantages and disadvantages;
Advantages of buying physical silver
- It is easy to buy– buying physical silver is very easy, it is just like buying any product let’s say like a laptop online. Silver can also be bought on amazon’s platform.
- It gives you peace of mind– having physical silver gives you peace of mind not worrying about technology because you know exactly where you have stored it.
Disadvantages of having physical silver
- Possibility of theft- having physical silver can be very hard to store. Since silver a also a precious metal and everyone wish to have it, therefore it can be stolen easily.
- It is more costly- Buying and shipping silver to your place can be very expensive. Also, you need to get insurance to protect it. You will need a safe in your house for you to store silver in and hence very costly.
You can buy a silver ETF (Exchange Traded Fund)
This is a better way of investing in silver. An investor can now own silver funds through shares Silver Trust. Experts have reviewed that the volatility nature exhibited by silver makes ETFs better than physical bullions.
Best silver to buy
Now due to economic instability on the market, buying physical silver can be more beneficial.
If you are a good investor and you want to do business that will earn you good money within a short time, then silver is the best for you. You can get physical silver and store it for yourself or simply choose the form that you are good at.